St. Patrick’s Day is a day for everyone to celebrate the Irish culture, and what better way to do this than by bringing some fun into your community with some creative St. Patrick’s Day crafts for kids? Whether you’re looking for something simple and easy or something more time-consuming, there are plenty of ideas that children of all ages can enjoy. Get inspired to add a bit of festive cheer this March by checking out this fun, engaging, and often inexpensive craft projects that will make any property manager or community director stand out!
We love sharing fun resident event ideas. We want to give you the inspiration to host events for March. March Resident Event ideas can feel repetitive. Hosting a craft event for your community is perfect for hosting fun events in March.
St. Patrick’s Day is a holiday that kids love to celebrate, and what better way to get into the spirit than by making some fun crafts? Not only are crafts a great way to bring creativity, but they also help improve fine motor skills and provide a fun activity for kids. This blog post will share four St. Patrick’s Day crafts that kids will love.
St Patrick’s Day Craft Idea #1: Leprechaun Hat Craft
- Construction paper (green, black, and yellow)
- Cut a strip of green construction paper that fits around your child’s head.
- Cut out a large black circle and a small yellow rectangle from construction paper.
- Glue the black circle onto the green strip to make the hat.
- Fold the yellow rectangle in half and cut out a small square from the center to make a buckle.
- Glue the buckle onto the black circle.
- Staple the ends of the green strip together to complete the hat.
St Patrick’s Day Craft Idea# 2: Shamrock Wreath Craft
- Green construction paper
- Cut out several shamrock shapes from green construction paper.
- Arrange the shamrocks in a circle, overlapping them slightly.
- Glue the shamrocks together to make the wreath.
- Tie a ribbon around the top of the wreath to hang it up.
St Patrick’s Day Kid Craft Idea #3: Rainbow Windsock Craft
- Construction paper (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple)
- Cut out strips of construction paper in rainbow colors.
- Glue the strips together in a pattern to make a rainbow.
- Cut out a large circle from white construction paper.
- Glue the rainbow onto the circle.
- Cut long strips of streamers from the bottom of the circle.
- Attach a string to the top of the windsock to hang it up.
St Patrick’s Day Kid Craft Idea #4: Pot of Gold Craft
- Black construction paper
- Yellow construction paper
- Gold coins
- Cut out a large pot shape from black construction paper.
- Cut out a small rectangle from yellow construction paper.
- Glue the yellow rectangle onto the pot to make a handle.
- Glue gold coins onto the bottom of the pot.
These four St. Patrick’s Day crafts are easy and fun to make with kids. They’ll love creating leprechaun hats, shamrock wreaths, rainbow windsocks, and pots of gold to decorate their homes for the holiday. Feel free to get creative and develop your own St. Patrick’s Day craft ideas too! Happy crafting!
Download our first quarter event guide by clicking here. We want to help you this holiday season. You can schedule a FREE consultation with us by clicking here. We offer event consulting services to companies focused on improving community building.