St. Patrick’s Day is a cultural and religious holiday celebrated on March 17th every year in Ireland and worldwide. It is a day to honor St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, and to celebrate Irish culture and heritage. Many wear green and white clothes and accessories, decorate their homes and workplaces with St. Patrick’s Day decorations and attend parades and festivals.
With St. Patrick’s Day approaching, March can be a great month to host resident events and activities in your community. Whether you’re looking for something elaborate or an easy-to-execute event, we’ve got you covered with our blog post featuring unique march resident event ideas that will bring your entire community together. From beer tastings to Irish-themed trivia nights and pet adoption days, have fun getting creative and planning an unforgettable event that celebrates the luck of the Irish!
We’ve got you covered if you’re looking for ideas on celebrating St. Patrick’s Day this year, whether in your clubroom or outside. Here are some event ideas to get you in the spirit of the holiday:
Fun March Event Ideas For Inside:
- Decorating your clubroom with green and white streamers, balloons, and banners: Get creative and decorate your community space with St. Patrick’s Day-themed decorations to create a festive atmosphere.
- Baking traditional Irish foods: Why not try your hand at baking traditional Irish foods such as soda bread, shepherd’s pie, and colcannon? These delicious dishes are easy to make and perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day at home.
- Making DIY St. Patrick’s Day crafts with your kids: Get the kids at your community involved in the celebration by making DIY St. Patrick’s Day crafts such as shamrock garlands, leprechaun hats, and rainbows.
- Watching Irish movies or documentaries: The perfect option for communities built in movie theaters. You can see classic Irish films or documentaries about Irish culture and history.
Fun March Event Ideas For Outside:
- Attending a St. Patrick’s Day parade: If available in your area, attend a St. Patrick’s Day parade to experience the excitement of the holiday. Enjoy colorful floats, music, and traditional Irish dancing. You can organize this as an offsite resident event.
- Dressing up in green and white clothes and accessories: Dress up in green and white clothes and accessories to show your Irish spirit. You can host a best-dressed St Patrick’s Day contest. Or you can have a door decorating contest.
- Going out for Irish food and drinks: Reach out to a local restaurant or pub with traditional Irish food and beverages such as corned beef and cabbage, Guinness, and Irish whiskey. Ask the establishment for a special coupon or offer for residents to visit their location.
- Organize or participate in a St. Patrick’s Day-themed charity walk or run: Join a St. Patrick’s Day-themed charity walk or run to support a good cause while celebrating the holiday. Depending on your location capacity, it may make more sense to advertise the charity walk or run than host your own.
While celebrating St. Patrick’s Day, it is important to keep safety in mind. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind:
- Celebrate responsibly and avoid excessive drinking
- Wear green face masks and practice social distancing
- Use designated drivers or ride-sharing services
- Follow all local health guidelines and restrictions
In conclusion, St. Patrick’s Day is a fun and exciting holiday that is celebrated around the world. Whether you choose to celebrate inside or outside, there are many event ideas to choose from. Just remember to celebrate responsibly and prioritize the health and safety of yourself and others. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Download our first quarter event guide by clicking here. We want to help you this holiday season. You can schedule a FREE consultation with us by clicking here. We offer event consulting services to companies focused on improving community building.