Mixology 101! Craft class! Craft cocktails! The mixology class trend is extremely popular on all social platforms. Craft drinks and small-batch is core in the millennial living. In 2020, we have made some changes to our cocktails and mixology class offerings. Resident engagement and true experiences are synonymous.
Are you looking for a unique way to engage your residents? We pair you with an expert mixologist who will teach you how to craft a few of the classics as well as give you the chance to create a signature cocktail all your own. Mixology classes are like cooking classes. It’s a science and history behind the craft culture.
Today, craft cocktail creators are ranked among the most celebrated leaders in the culinary community, bringing an incredible breadth of knowledge and skill to bar programs across the world. The gin and tonic will always have a special place in classic cocktails. Mixologists love to create memorable drinks.
Before planning your mixology class, we recommend surveying your residents on their preference between a mixology and craft cocktail class. Mixology classes tend to show more basic bar drinks. Craft cocktails utilize fresh syrups to aromatics to create a harmonious drink.
Best Suggestions For Hosting a Mixology Class
- Have a prize giveaway to encourage engagement
- Keep class size between 20-30 to avoid turning into a party
- Choose 2-3 cocktail recipes to feature
As mentioned in EatWellDC class description, “A cocktail resurgence is in full swing in DC. An interest in quality spirits, classic cocktails, and local ingredients has been growing exponentially in the last few years, yet it is very hard to learn more and be completely submerged in this trend.” True mixology classes can run $75+ per person. Don’t let the price tag scare you, you can create custom classes based on your budget.
We have great mixology partners that can create a fantastic experience on a property management retention budget. Our First Quarter featured offerings are:
- Custom Bars with Signature Drinks for National Margarita Day, Mardi Gras, Valentines Day, St. Patrick’s Day, March Madness
- Create your own bars – guests will pick and choose their drinks to make such a margaritas, mojitos, martinis
- First Friday Happy Hour Events – Some properties want to have a simple happy hour for their residents on the 1st Friday of each month
- Taco and Tequila Tuesdays – margaritas and tequila flights (don’t forget to throw in some tacos)
- Wine Down Wednesdays – choice of red and white wine and pair with a caterer for a light affair
- Whiskey Wednesdays – whiskey tasting with education (add on the whiskey-infused wings and waffles for extra flare)
We hope these tips were helpful for February and March drink events. Once you decide on a fun theme, you can create a noteworthy experience in your community.
Have you tried to host a mixology class in the past? What’s one class you would like to see offered at your community?
We would love to hear from you! As always, we aim to provide innovative angles to bring event engagement to a new level.